Sunday 10 July 2011

A lazy sunday....



It's been a few weeks since I've had the time to chill out and catch up with all of you but thankfully on this lazy, rediculously sunny Sunday afternoon I've put some crap on the telly and here I am with some new photos and new updates.


Let's start with some music! I finally got to play in a venue I'd heard lot's about, Mr Wolfs! The journey there was ok although I did encounter a MASS of stairs ( my new frenemy ) and no clear signs to the elevator but with major thanks to a feisty random welsh lady ( wherever you are in the world I LOVE YOU ) I got my kit up the stairs and met with with very kind Howard Sin(ful)clair who managed to show me some of the cooler places in Bristol and a very fine and dandy cider garden too. The venue was cool, small and quirky and had an awesome but not too daunting stage, they do seem to have a slight noodle fetish there but seeing as the noodles are actually bloody nice nobody seems to mind. The gig itself went really well and I got to share the stage with the awesome "Bowen and the Tide" which are an acoustic duo I loved!


I have a gig this sunday in Ten Feet Tall in Cardiff, I've not played that venue before so I'm looking forward to it and they've also already booked me in for October so they must have really liked the demo!


Also the new album is sooooo nearly written, there is literally one song to go and then I'm back in the studio to record! There's also another little side project I'm writing for which I hope will be done in time and will can be released the same time as the New album. I'ts just very much a writing time at the moment to get everthing done and I can't wait for it to be all flowing and recording. I love that point between conception and realisation with music, to see if you can get the sound you have in your head onto the CD.


River of Bones is still doing well PLUS in the not too distant future the BRAND NEW VIDEO for the song "River of Bones" should be done too! I've also asked a friend of mine to take a look at the song and do an Industrial Type remix of it . He's giving it a go as we speak so if that all comes together nicely there should be some more newness there too (cant wait to hear it though)!


Which leaves me with my newest news, the BBC have contacted me about being on a new show they're doing and they were looking for people with unusual talents ( finally my strangeness pays off ) so discussions for all the should undergo next week, what they have said so far sounds hilarious so I can't wait to give that a go... I'll keep you posted on that one.

The art exhibition is nearly underway, just have to sort out a few prints for that, cards and the other paraphinalia PLUS... the first draft of my book is written! Now begins the painful editing process and making my creative scribbles sound like actualy sentences! As soon as that's done I shall be sorting out a publisher asap!


Right, if I don't go right now these maltesers certainly aren't going to eat themselves!


Big Love to you all


RJ x






No comments:

Post a Comment