Thursday 22 November 2012

Where did that year go?



I really can't believe that we are so close to the end of the year already!!! It' has swung around so quickly and it's that time where I prepare for christmas-mania and family-madness. I start to take stock of what a momentous year I've had. Going on a music hiatus, buying a house, an exhibition, my first holiday in ten years and FINALLY surrendering to peace. It's a lot to take in. My life looks completely different now to how it did only what seems a few months ago. I can say without question I am the happiest I have ever been and although it's not been the gentlest of journeys to peace I'm so glad that I'm here!

Last night I was once again back in the studio recording my new collection of songs. The sound is so different and a complete collaboration and amalgamation of everything Ive ever done and if that wasn't good enough I get to share it with one of my best mates! The sound is different, each song is a little world unto itself and now the feverish obsession has ceased I can fully surrender to the organic natural evolution of each song. I noticed last night though the difference in my voice, not singing live or not singing at all has definitely made it weaker and unable to sustain the strength it used to have. I guess I need to get behind the keys a bit more to get that back. Everything just feels so easy , which is refreshing. I have some re-branding to consider and new things to start putting in place and although this collection is no where near ready to share yet I can connect with the excitement of it without wanting to unleash it yet.

On the art front my exhibition is less than a few days away. All the paintings are done and there's only a small bit of printing out and general faffy bits that need to be completed. I only realised a few weeks ago that this is my first ever solo exhibition and I already have plans for the next. I have learned a lot though. I've done this whole thing the wrong way round and worked to a deadline rather than create work and then find a place to display it. But I am back in the Oriel Bach Gallery from the 26th to the following Sunday so if you have time that week pop down and have a look at my new work. Ill post some pictures on here for those of you who don't have any spare time
 
Ill try not to leave it so long next time. Every time I write in my personal blog I get reminded of how good it feels.
 
Catch you all soon
 
Ry x

No comments:

Post a Comment