Monday 30 September 2013

Chewing on a new idea...


Chewing on a new idea.





It is not very often in my life that I have felt truly lost. Don't get me wrong I regularly wander around the workings of my life like most people at some point feeling dazed and confused but I rarely, truly feel lost, especially as much as I have done this past year. Lost is that feeling of a quiet desperation behind a polite smile. Lost is a busy life masking a mind in pain. Lost is filling your time with the goals and dreams of others at the cost of your own heart. All of which I have done at points this year. My mum said that a lot of people “go a little funny” in their early thirties. It might be me dealing with no longer being young or maybe me not being where I thought I would be in my life. I have been forced into a state of perpetual surrender this past few years as I have opened my life to the feeling of true peace. The brighter this peace has become in my life the more glaringly obvious everything that is not of that peace has become.







I have prayed hard, talked to my friends relentlessly and done my best to ride the wave of evolution that has been working it's way through my system. I am generally the kind of person who, when I don't know what to do, I do EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. I work at every idea that crosses my mind and in the panic that has infiltrated my system over this last year it has often lead me to confuse desperate attempts at connection with genuine intuitive hunches. I know in my heart that I am exactly where I am supposed to be and exactly where I want to be. I know in my heart that I am living the life I am meant to and the life that is best for me but I also feel that the old remnants of an ego centred view of my life are preventing me from truly taking a good bite of the joy I have.







Each new level of self love demands a new level of trust in the Universe/God/The angels. I have put my life and my centre in it's hands plenty of times and been taken care of but my ego is effectively deceptive at helping me to forget to trust God. A jehovah's witness knocked my door the other day and began to unravel a picture of God as an absentee parent figure who is about to come back and give us all a slap around the head for being naughty boys and girls. I told him that God was the action of silence and he rests that silence on our heads because he has already put the answers to every question we may ever have in our hearts. We already know, I already know, as much as I may wrestle. The Jehovah's witness looked inspired, confused and began to stutter as he chewed on a new idea of God that challenged what he had been taught. I knew in that moment that I was doing the same. I have been stuttering around a new idea of being and living on the planet for a while now and it's time for me to trust more, love more and take the biggest bite I can!







Big Love





Ryan James


 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Ryan. I am in my early thirties, have felt the same way when reflecting on my life. I would encourage to enjoy the second half of your life, it will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karl! Im definately on the tail end of it all! I've prayed a lot and I got the messages I need, it's just time to allow them to settle in now! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Love your post Ryan! I too, have felt the pain you feel. In my trials I try to remember that those hard times make us strong. Life has ups and downs...everybody's life. We don't see most people's downs. But they are there. Keep the faith. Keep smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, I appreciate how you feel lost. Yet you have a lot of wisdom and knowledge of what God is doing. Their are truly times of life when you are coming into a new stage of life. You just wait it out, and things fail into a new rhythm.

    ReplyDelete